We had talked about this a few days back that Garware motors is exiting the venture with Korean S&T Motors which makes motorcycles under the brand name of Hyosung and the new partner might be Maharashtra’s real estate giant DSK group. Today, in a press conference conducted in Pune, DSK made this announcement official.
Here are the important pointers of the press meet:
- The new company from DSK group would be called as DSK Motowheels Pvt Ltd.
- DSK group is one of the Maharashtra’s biggest business conglomerate with a turnover of over Rs 4000cr and spans across various sectors.
- This is the first time DSK would be entering the two-wheeler market.
- DSK Motowheels would be replacing erstwhile partners of Hyosung, Garware Motors to become the exclusive distributors of Hyosung branded motorcycles in India.
- The venture between Hyosung and DSK would be called as DSK Hyosung and the logo of the new entity is attached above.
- After this partnership, DSK Motowheels would take over Garware’s manufacturing facility in Wai in Maharashtra.
- The current 18 dealerships of erstwhile Garware would also get transferred to the new owner DSK Motowheels.
About DSK Group:
DSK group was established in 1980 and has a varied list of diversification on areas they operate in. It has a turnover of Rs 4000 crores. Its business spans across sectors like construction, real estate, automobiles, digital products, education, investments, pharmacy, travel and leisure, hospitality and infrastructure.
We, mostly know DSK for its dealership network tieup with Toyota which started in 2000 and currently spans across 9 dealerships Maharashtra. DSK also have exclusive dealerships of HINO commercial vehicles in Maharashtra. DSK is known for its quality service and renowned customer facing experiences.
About Shirish D. Kulkarni, Director – DSK Group
The event was presided over by the director of DSK group, Mr. Shirish D. Kulkarni. Shirish, is a commerce graduate from Symbiosis College, Pune and has done his post graduate diploma in Business Strategy, Finance, Organizational Development Skills and Banking from Unitec University, New Zealand.
Shirish Kulkarni is also the Dealer Principal for DSK Toyota which has 9 showrooms and 6 ultramodern workshops in Maharashtra. Toyota’s commercial brand HINO is also under the dealership of DSK which happens to be the biggest one all across the West Zone for Hino. Shirish also plays an active role in running a soccer club and has keen intrest in football and motor racing. Mr. Kulkarni has also helped the Tsunami victims and also takes interest in welfare of animals.