Hi Bikers and readers of Bike Advice! First Sunday of April is celebrated as One Ride by Royal Enfield bikers all over the world. This is a writeup about RIEOC, Bangalore Celebrating One Ride!
“One Thought. One Feeling. One Passion” – Royal Enfield
Is the tag line given by RE. Its a Good initiative to promote safe riding and to spread the passion of biking.
Brief History About Enfield
- George Townsend started to make Needle making mill in 1851
- Later moved in to making bicycle parts and later started making complete bicycle
- In 1892 the first design of the bicycle was named “Enfield” by Eadie and Smith
- In 1901, first Royal Enfield motorcycle was produced (Royal Enfield is the Oldest Existing Motorcycle Brand in the World).
- In 1924, first 4-stroke engine was built.
- In 1932, 4-Valve single cylinder, Bullet was built.
- In 1955, Royal Enfield was bought to Madras and the sole purpose was to supply for the Indian Army.
As the Enfield mania is growing day by day especially in Metros across of India, riders across the country and few Royal Enfield enthusiasts across the Globe take part in a Ride to promote Biking. As a Part of One Ride, RIEOC, Bangalore had organized a ride of about 300km to Yelagiri, Tamil Nadu.
Around 90 Bulls took part in the ride and it was Great to see such a huge number of riders riding together and literally rule the Roads. It was a ride of around 320km round about and 14 Hair pin Bends. It was just “Treat to the EYE”. It was Amazing to be a part of this Ride.
Thanks to Lohith For organizing the ride and Biswaroop (The founder member of the club) taking part in the ride. Thanks to the entire bikeadvice team.
“Ride Safe, Live To Ride Another Day” – Royal Indians