Ducati has been one of the most desired iconic motorcycle manufacturers of our ages. Since 1946, this Italian manufacturer has been regarded as one of the best manufacturers of automobiles in the world and this shows in whatever they produce. And to our luck, Ducati is available in India and pretty much whole heartedly!
About Ducati: Ducati was founded in 1926 and has been into racing inspired motorcycle production since 1946. We all know their motorcycles by the innovative and mean looking designs, highly regarded and advanced technology. Ducati sells its motorcycles in over 80 countries around the world and have major presence and interests in the Western European, North American and Asia Pacific markets.
Ducati also has been very keen participant in the most important world renowned racing championships, the World Superbike Championship and the World MotoGP Championship and very successful at them.
Ducati has won 16 Manufacturers’ titles and 13 Riders’ titles in the Superbike championship. And in MotorGP, Ducati has been participating since 2003 and won both the Manufacturers’ and Riders’ titles in 2007. Ducati currently rides with once-the-unbeatable Valentino Rossi and Nicky Hayden.
Ducati Motorcycles in India: Ducati, gradually but surely is becoming immensely aggressive among the premium performance motorcycle segment in India. It now has bikes starting from 6 lakhs lakhs all the way to 25 lakhs in India.
Ducati classifies its bikes under different models and most of them have been made available by the company. At the Auto Expo 2012, though Ducati did not take a very big area and only had one model at display (on the media days), they announced the launch of the lowest priced and the most affordable Ducati for India – the Monster M795 at 6.99 which was later slashed to 5.99 lakhs only (both prices ex-showroom).
Read on to know more about all the models Ducati has made available in India along with their prices.
- Available in 2 variants – M795 & M796
- The M796 is an L-twin cylinder, air cooled, 803cc engine (with 2 valve per cylinder) .
- Capable of producing 87bhp of peak power @ 8250rpm and 78Nm of max torque at 6250rpm
- The M795 is also an L-Twin cylinder, air cooled 803cc engine with same specs for power and torque as M796.
- M795 is priced at 5.99 lakhs while th M796 is priced at 9.3 lakhs.
- Available in 3 variants – HM796, HM1100, HM1100SP
- The HM796 seems to be powered by the same 803cc engine which produces 81hp @ 8000 rpm and 75Nm @ 6250rpm in this avatar.
- The HM1100 is powered by a L-twin, 2 valve per cylinder, Desmodromic, air cooled 1078 cc engine which produces 95hp @ 7500rpm & 103Nm @ 5750 rpm.
- The HM1100 SP also uses the same engine under same power and torque specs
- The Hypermotard 796 is priced at 11 lakhs, HM1100 is priced at 14.62 lakhs and the HM1100 SP @ 17.66 lakhs
- Available in 3 variants – 848, 1198 and 1198 SP
- The 848 is powered by an L-Twin, 4 valve/per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled 849.4cc engine capable of producing 140hp of power @ 10500 rpm & 98Nm of torque @ 9750rpm
- The 1198 & 1198SP are powered by an L-Twin, 4 valve/per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled 1198.4cc engine capable of producing 170hp of power @ 9750 rpm & 131.4Nm of torque @ 8000rpm
- The Superbike 848 is priced at 14.9 lakhs, 1198 @ 20.29 lakhs & 1198SP @ 24.21 lakhs
- Available in 3 variants – MTS 1200, MTS 1200 ABS, MTS 1200 S Touring
- All these 3 variants are powered by an L-Twin, 4 valve/per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled 1198.4cc engine capable of producing 150hp of power @ 9250 rpm & 118.7Nm of torque @ 7500 rpm
- Multistrada 1200 is priced at 19.69 lakhs, MTS 1200 ABS @ 20.93 lakhs & MTS1200 S Touring @ 24.44 lakhs
- Available in 3 variants – Diavel Red/Black, Black Carbon & Red Carbon
- All these 3 variants are powered by a Testrastretta L-Twin, 4 valve/per cylinder Desmodromic, liquid cooled 1198.4cc engine capable of producing 162hp of power @ 9500 rpm & 127.5Nm of torque @ 8000 rpm.
- DIAVEL Red/Black is priced at 21.11 lakhs, Black Carbon is priced at 24.69 lakhs & Red Carbon @ 25.10 lakhs.
For more information on all these models you can also visit www.ducati.com for the internatonal website and www.ducati.co.in for the Ducati’s official Indian website.
- All prices are Ex showroom
- Prices are as per the information brochure shared by Ducati at the Auto Expo 2012
- Specifications of all bikes as per Ducati’s official website.