Among all the insane machinery kept at Honda’s stall, one machine which was different in all senses was the all blue and ‘not much seen before’ long legged and immensely chromed Honda’s true chopper – the monster VT1300CX called very aptly as the ‘Fury’ worldwide.
Yes, among other machines, this forms one of the 7 launches by the company in India at the Auto Expo. Ohh and wasn’t it breathtakingly good? Dare I say it the least! From supersports to cruisers to choppers we are seeing it all and in speed. Standing beside the handsome FireBlade this bike carved its own story.
Despite getting criticized for being a slow starter Honda got all the accolades at this year’s Auto Expo and I would probably rate them as the most aggressive company at the moment.
Straight from their global lineup here comes the ‘fun’ offering (as Honda puts it), the VT1300CX which is definitely an entry in a segment we are not very accustomed to seeing. The lean looking mean monster has a low slung seat, higher mounted steering and a huge wheelbase along with tons of chrome to complete that distinct chopper credentials.
A few prominent bits about the VT1300CX
- 1312cc liquid cooled 52 degree V-Twin engine
- Single-pin crankshaft
- Programmed Fuel Injection
- Capable of producing 42.5 Kw (~57bhp) of max power @ 4250 rpm
- Capable of producing 107Nm of max torque at a very early 2250 rpm
- 5 speed transmission
- Front 336mm single disc with twin piston caliper
- Rear 296mm disc with single piston caliper
- 21 inch front tyre (diameter)
- Proper chopper styling
- Longest wheelbase in a Honda motorcycle (1805mm)
- 9 spoke alloy wheels (probably the best I have seen so far)
- Fat 200mm rear tyre coupled with slim 90mm front tyre
- LED tail light
- Clean, reliable and maintenance free shaft drive
- Combined ABS
- Would be available for sale from February 2012
- Color options: Glint Blue Wave Metallic (the one on display at the Expo which looked fantastic) & Graphite Black.
Rest, I would let the pics to do the talking. Drool on!