Honda celebrated 20 years of its first global launch as the CBR900RR in 1991 in style with the launch of the insane powerhouse the 20th Anniversary special edition of CBR1000RR Fireblade.
The supersports liter class now comes with the following changes:
- New Fuel Injection settings which makes the engine smoother specially at lower rpms
- Combined Anti-Lock Braking System (Combined ABS)
- Introduction of ‘Balance Free Rear Cushion’ suspension which is the first time introduced on a production motorcycle according to Honda. It ensures more accurate response, better damping and enhanced traction.
- New Wheels – the one at the expo sported BridgeStone Battlax
- New suspension – both front and rear
- Inverted 43mm telescopic front forks
- 12 spoke cast aluminum wheels
- Refreshed dynamics – sharper nose and tail
- Layered main fairing concept
- Improved LCD instrument cluster for better all-light-conditions visibility and now also includes lap timer, gear position indicator & tachometer with 4 display modes
- Available in 3 fundu colors – Pearl Subbeam White, Victory Red and Graphite Black. Out of these the white was up there for display at the expo and needless to say it looked breathtakingly good.
- Available at the company owned Delhi and Mumbai Wing World showrooms
- Available for sale from this month itself.
Just for the records, Fireblade sports a Liquid Cooled 4 stroke 16 valve DOHC Inline 4 engine with a displacement of 999cc and is capable of producing 131KW of max power @ 12000 rpm and a heavenly 112Nm of torque at 8500 rpm – Now this is what a true blue supersports is..! Enjoy the pics. – Saad Khan